A Pictorial of The Spice Bazaar in Istanbul & The Delectable Turkish Delights

Post image for A Pictorial of The Spice Bazaar in Istanbul & The Delectable Turkish Delights

by Sara Hafiz on September 30, 2010

Lael Hazan September 30, 2010 at 11:51 am

Thank you for sharing the photos! We didn’t get enough time to spend there on our visit. I want to go back!!!!

Sara September 30, 2010 at 11:59 am

Thank you Lael! Would you believe I spent two entire days walking around in the Spice & the Grand Bazaars and I loved it!!! Istanbul is magical & has a special place in my heart! I want to go back for the 3rd time!!!

Nadia September 30, 2010 at 3:56 pm

wow, love all the details you captured, really stunning! everything looks mouthwatering. i hope you brought back one of those lanterns/chandeliers. i hope to make a trip to turkey soon! :)

Sara September 30, 2010 at 5:36 pm

You must go Nadia! We should go together…I want to go again & again! :)

Sue September 30, 2010 at 9:46 pm

Those are the most amazing pictures! I love the one of the apricots. That must have been one great trip, Sara. I’d have gained 10 pounds for sure!

Sara September 30, 2010 at 10:35 pm

Thanks Sue! I feel blessed to have gone on my wonderful trip this past summer!

Joyti October 1, 2010 at 3:01 am

I want to go now…so badly. I want one of those gorgeous spice mills, and some of those lanterns, and don’t get me started on the spices themselves..everything looks so exquisite.
Great job with the photographs.

Prerna@IndianSimmer October 1, 2010 at 7:45 pm

Wow, what a visual delight! You’ve caught the essence perfectly with your camera. Way to go!

Faith October 1, 2010 at 8:45 pm

This post makes me really miss the Middle East! All the beautiful sights, smells, and sounds…I feel like I’m reliving them again through your lovely photography!

deeba October 2, 2010 at 5:39 pm

This is one place that is on my have to visit soon list. Gorgeous pictures Sara, and so alive. I envy you, and how!!

lindentea October 3, 2010 at 1:42 pm

I never get a chance to go to the spice bazaar, there is family and friends to visit, always other things to do but after seeing your pictures, I am planning to spend an entire day there. Thank you for sharing these pictures.

Sara October 3, 2010 at 9:16 pm

Thank you Deeba! You should visit Istanbul, It’s a mystical city that makes you want to visit over & over again!

carina October 3, 2010 at 11:27 pm

What an infusion of colour, texture, atmosphere!! Wish I could experience the real thing. Pictures are a delight. Just came upon your blog and surely can’t wait for more to come. Thanks!!

Soma October 4, 2010 at 6:44 pm

Turkey is one of our dream places to visit. from cuisine to culture to the people we adore every bit of it! Such wonderful colors. Thanks for the virtual tour Sara.

Sara October 4, 2010 at 10:03 pm

Soma, Turkey is a wonderful country to visit! I have been there few times & want to go back!

Sanura October 12, 2010 at 3:42 am

These are amazing food pictures. The lamps were colorful. The pastries look delicious. Thank you for sharing!

Tiffany October 12, 2010 at 10:52 pm

I am in love with and want every single item in your photos! Absolutely beautiful!

Shazia October 18, 2010 at 4:21 pm

Wow gorgerous pictures Sara.. I can almost smell the spices and dry fruits looking at these :) I am planning my trip soon, what Camera and lens are you using?

sarisignorelli December 4, 2010 at 2:51 pm

I’ve just confirmed a trip to Istanbul in March–I’m soooooooo excited! I can’t wait to go to the Spice Bazaar.